Friday, March 12, 2010

Yamanashi

Here I am in Yamanshi, Japan and having an excellent time. I go to the Yamanashi is located just west of Tokyo and is in the Chubu region.

It has been exciting and I have enjoyed being here. I've visited the national parks which were very fun. When I first came I was greeted by going to the hot springs and taking a "bath". There are many fun festivals that are associated with the seasons. I am teaching junior high school english at a public school and I am enjoying it immensely. I love the school lunches here. They are good for the students learning about the fact that they sometimes need to work together and it is very fun to join in with this class period and they learn to help each other. Such as when a class would drop their soup and would need the other classes to help them out and give them food. The food triangle is fun and we will sometimes have "races" to see who eats all there food with the correct bites (3 foods at once). They will take a spork full of meat, rice and lettuce and chew it and then start again.

The role of the history books is played differently than in the U.S. In the way that in the U.S. the history books talk about our mistakes and our very important parts of our history. But, in Japan the history books only talk about how Japan is the victim of the wars and the other countries and don't talk anything about how Japan attacked the other countries and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment